I have received the latest information from Doug Morrison, Business Development Manager for Derecktor of Florida. He has advised that Derecktor has some onsite improvements/new travel lift (820 ton) that should be up and running around the Ft Lauderdale Boat Show. The city has also started dredging the Dania Cut to 17’ for completion around February of next year. Below is a brief bit of the Derecktor Florida yard which includes background, services & current capabilities.
Doug's message goes on to explain: "Derecktor Florida has 40 years of experience with service, repair and refit work. The location covers more than 17 acres along the Dania Cut Off Canal, less than 1 mile from the Port Everglades entrance. As South Florida’s most complete marine repair facility, Derecktor Florida caters mainly to power, sail and sportfish yachts and acts as a pole of attraction in the busy Florida waters for a large fleet of cruising and racing yachts in need of repairs or major refits.
- Propulsion/Auxiliary: service and repair, all makes
- Shaft & Prop: Alignment, repair, ABS approved, stainless steel clad welding of shafts
- Custom metal fabrication: Aluminum, stainless steel, titanium, bronze, ABS certified welders
- Custom Joinery work: Award-winning cabinetry shop, all interior, teak decking, all woods
- Composite work: Carbon fiber, epoxy, polyester, vacuum-bagging, high-tech cores
- Paint/Finish: Brightwork, topsides, superstructure, non-skid, bottom paint, US Paint (Awlgrip), International, Ameron, Pettit, and Dupont (Imron)
- Rigging: Standard, Running and Hardware
Out-of-water shed space:
40,000 sq. ft. (3,720m)
4,000 ft. (1,220m)
26 covered slips
23 uncovered slips
46 storage garages
480 volt 3 phase
208 volt single and 3 phase
110 volt single phase
600-ton elevator platform w/rail
35 ton crane
34' maximum (10.4m)
14' maximum (4.3m)
Power lines over Dania Cutoff
Canal at 120' (36.6m)"
If you want more information, you can reach Doug at mobile: 954 319 6650, office: 954 920 5756 x 116 or by email at email@example.com or you can read more on Derecktor's website at www.derecktor.com.